Many thanks to Maureen Brennan for chairing the event, and to the MANY who helped with the shopping, clean up, cooking, set up, and ticket taking.
Also, to all who donated the delicious food served with hot dogs, THANK YOU!
A few scenes from the party...( if you click on the picture, it will enlarge)
2010 CONCERT in the Park Schedule
Southampton Cultural Center's 2010 'Concerts In The Park Series'
Southampton - The Southampton Cultural Center's extremely popular series of summer concerts in Agawam Park and Coopers Beach returns for its 25th season. The concerts start at 6:30 p.m.
2010 Concert Schedule
• July 7: Coopers Beach - Lonesharks (Rock'n Roll)
• July 14: Agawam Park - State of Oregon (Rock/Alternative/Surf)
• July 21: Agawam Park - Gospel
• July 28: Agawam Park - The Chiclettes (Female Vocal Group)
• August 4: Coopers Beach - Project Vibe (Reggae)
• August 11: Agawam Park - The Precisions (Classic Rock)
• August 18: Agawam Park - Jerry Costanzo (Swing)
• August 25: Agawam Park - New Dawn (formerly Signify, Funk, R&B)
• September 1: Agawam Park - Vivian & Merrymakers (Calypso)
The 2010 series is made possible in part with public funds from the New York State Council on the Arts. In Suffolk County the Decentralization Program is administered by the Huntington Arts Council, Inc. in partnership with the Suffolk Consortium of Arts Councils.
The Southampton Publick House is sponsoring "Project Vibe." The concert series is free to the public and attracts anywhere from 1,500 to 3,000 fans.
The Southampton Cultural Center is still looking for sponsors. Sponsorships are tax-deductible and will be recognized with a highly visible sponsor banner and acknowledged in promotional materials.
Musicians who are interested to be on the roster for 2011 should submit a brief description of the band and style of music along with a two to three song demo to be considered.
Submit to Kirsten Lonnie, Executive Director, Southampton Cultural Center, P.O. Box 5008, Southampton, NY 11969. All styles of music will be considered as we strive to present a musically and culturally diverse concert program.
For more information contact Kirsten Lonnie, firstname.lastname@example.org, 631-287-4377, www.scc-arts.org.